Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Scrolls and Keeps

"So, tell me again why this thing is so important?" Seren asked me. Both of us were on horseback, riding hard to the east, heading for Farragut Keep.
"I have no idea. Something about morale, destiny and innate magical properties"
The thing in question happened to be an Elder Scroll. I had never really studied up much on them as I always considered old magic to be out of my realm of knowledge, typically leaving this sort of thing to people who knew better than me.
But right now, I had one. Stolen directly from the Daggerfall Convenant and now moving very quickly east - to safety.

My biggest concern, however, was that these "Elder Scrolls" are like big freakin' beacons. Right now it's strapped to my back and apparently any senior mage is able to immediately sense it's location. Obviously, this makes me a very big target. Especially since I am out in the middle of nowhere.

"All I am concerned about is getting to Farragut. We can stop off at Chalman and Arrius. Hopefully scouts in the vicinity can tell us if there's any problems on the road ahead." I said.
"And if there is?" Seren asked - doubtful that even I had to the prowess to stand up against a small army.
"Then we'll deal with them as we get to them. Besides. Unlike the past several months, there's more than two of us this time"

And for reasons that still concerned me, this kept putting Seren at unease. I wasnt sure why but she always felt uneasy around anyone but me. Behind me were several veteran soldiers who volunteered to protect me. Mive, a considerably powerful mage who enjoyed playing with fire just a little too much; Captain Tagerie, A warrior of great renown who wielded a very powerful two handed sword. I'm fairly certain that it's infused with magicka, as I have seen several of his foes discintegrate into dust upon their untimely death.
Those are the only two that I knew by name, having stood by them in the assault on Fort Warden and then making the push through the Gate of Ni-Mohk.

Still, we had a good plan and I was fairly certain we'd at least get to Chalman Keep without too much difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment